Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Chicks have hatched!


Today we went to a volunteer breakfast at Jacob's school. It was lots of fun. We sat with Kristen and Hunter and had donuts, yogurt and fruit. They had a drawing for yellow lillies and my name was drawn. Jay said it can be planted in the yard and it will come back each year. I want to do this so that it will remind me of Jacob's kindergarten year.

When breakfast was over we stopped in his classroom to see the chicks. The kids were so excited they could hardly contain themselves. Some of the eggs they had been watching and looking at with a special light to see the inside had hatched!

It was so exciting. Jacob had been giving us a chick update everyday after school and he was so excited that they had hatched.

It was also our last day of MOPS for the year. It was a quiet morning and I am so glad it is done for the summer. I had a very hard time getting excited about it this year. Not sure why. I will need to take some time to pray and think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment